Subject: Re: [docbook] pdf image source path no longer working?

Indeed, those messages are very helpful.  They indicate you are processing
a docbook5 document with the non-namespaced stylesheets.  When processing a
DocBook5 document with the non-namespaced stylesheets, it first processes
the content into a node-set while stripping the namespace from the document
elements.  Then it processes the node-set with the non-namespaced
templates, which can now match.  In creating the node-set, however, the
xml:base of the original document is lost, leading to problems with
resolving relative paths.

I would suggest you try processing your DocBook5 documents with the
docbook-xsl-ns namespaced stylesheets.  One of the motivations for creating
those stylesheets was to avoid the node-set step and the result problems
with paths.  Your existing customization layer should still work because it
doesn't reference any element names that would require a namespace prefix.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Claus" <claus.klingberg@gmail.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 3:05 AM

One more point I discovered just now (including debug-output):

I receive the following warnings when compiling using xsltproc with
v1.73.1 (no warnings with version < 1.72.x):

% xsltproc c:/work/docbook/my_docbook-fo-driver.xsl
UC-importing-web-style.xml

[...]
Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing           UC:
Importieren von Daten über Webinterface
Warn: no @xml:base: cannot add @xml:base to node-set root element  UC:
Importieren von Daten über Webinterface
Warn: no @xml:base: relative paths may not work                    UC:
Importieren von Daten über Webinterface
Note: namesp. cut : processing stripped document                   UC:
Importieren von Daten über Webinterface
[...]

Perhaps this gives some hint of what might go wrong?

% xsltproc --version
Using libxml 20628, libxslt 10120 and libexslt 813
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20628, libxslt 10120 and libexslt 813
libxslt 10120 was compiled against libxml 20628
libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20628

% head UC-importing-web-style.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="5.0" xml:lang="de"
class="specification">
  <title>UC: Importieren von Daten über Webinterface</title>
  <subtitle>UC-importing-web-style.html</subtitle>
  <info>
    <date>27.08.2007</date>
[...]

%cat c:/work/docbook/my_docbook-fo-driver.xsl

                version="1.0">
  <xsl:import href="docbook-xsl-1.73.1/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
  <xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="xep.extensions" select="1"/>

  <xsl:param name="paper.type" select="'A4'"/>
  <xsl:param name="preferred.mediaobject.role" select="fo"/>
  <xsl:param name="body.font.master">12</xsl:param>

  <xsl:param name="show.revisionflag">1</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="ulink.show" select="1"></xsl:param>

  <xsl:param name="page.margin.inner">1in</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="l10n.gentext.default.language"
select="'de'"></xsl:param>

  <xsl:param name="img.src.path">../</xsl:param>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Claus