Subject: Re: [docbook] pdf image source path no longer working?
Alas, I didn't even know about the ns-stylesheets. Now that I downloaded them pointed my customization-layer to it, everything works like it used to. All images showing up again, problem resolved. Thanks Michael + Bob! Claus On 8/31/07, Bob Stayton <email@example.com> wrote: > Indeed, those messages are very helpful. They indicate you are processing > a docbook5 document with the non-namespaced stylesheets. When processing a > DocBook5 document with the non-namespaced stylesheets, it first processes > the content into a node-set while stripping the namespace from the document > elements. Then it processes the node-set with the non-namespaced > templates, which can now match. In creating the node-set, however, the > xml:base of the original document is lost, leading to problems with > resolving relative paths. > > I would suggest you try processing your DocBook5 documents with the > docbook-xsl-ns namespaced stylesheets. One of the motivations for creating > those stylesheets was to avoid the node-set step and the result problems > with paths. Your existing customization layer should still work because it > doesn't reference any element names that would require a namespace prefix. > > Bob Stayton > Sagehill Enterprises > DocBook Consulting > firstname.lastname@example.org > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Claus" <email@example.com> > To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> > Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 3:05 AM > Subject: Re: [docbook] pdf image source path no longer working? > > > One more point I discovered just now (including debug-output): > > I receive the following warnings when compiling using xsltproc with > v1.73.1 (no warnings with version < 1.72.x): > > % xsltproc c:/work/docbook/my_docbook-fo-driver.xsl > UC-importing-web-style.xml > > [...] > Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing UC: > Importieren von Daten über Webinterface > Warn: no @xml:base: cannot add @xml:base to node-set root element UC: > Importieren von Daten über Webinterface > Warn: no @xml:base: relative paths may not work UC: > Importieren von Daten über Webinterface > Note: namesp. cut : processing stripped document UC: > Importieren von Daten über Webinterface > [...] > > Perhaps this gives some hint of what might go wrong? > > % xsltproc --version > Using libxml 20628, libxslt 10120 and libexslt 813 > xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20628, libxslt 10120 and libexslt 813 > libxslt 10120 was compiled against libxml 20628 > libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20628 > > % head UC-importing-web-style.xml > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> > <article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" > xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="5.0" xml:lang="de" > class="specification"> > <title>UC: Importieren von Daten über Webinterface</title> > <subtitle>UC-importing-web-style.html</subtitle> > <info> > <date>27.08.2007</date> > [...] > > %cat c:/work/docbook/my_docbook-fo-driver.xsl > > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" > version="1.0"> > <xsl:import href="docbook-xsl-1.73.1/fo/docbook.xsl"/> > <xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image" select="''"/> > <xsl:param name="xep.extensions" select="1"/> > > <xsl:param name="paper.type" select="'A4'"/> > <xsl:param name="preferred.mediaobject.role" select="fo"/> > <xsl:param name="body.font.master">12</xsl:param> > > <xsl:param name="show.revisionflag">1</xsl:param> > <xsl:param name="ulink.show" select="1"></xsl:param> > > <xsl:param name="page.margin.inner">1in</xsl:param> > <xsl:param name="l10n.gentext.default.language" > select="'de'"></xsl:param> > > <xsl:param name="img.src.path">../</xsl:param> > > </xsl:stylesheet> > > Claus > > > > On 8/29/07, Michael(tm) Smith <email@example.com> wrote: > > Claus <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 2007-08-27 16:23 +0200: > > > > > While upgrading the docbook stylesheets from v1.72.0 to 1.73.1 I > > > noticed that my custom fo-parameter "img.src.path" stopped working. > > > > > > My xsl-fo parameter-stylesheet has a line like this: > > > > > > [...] > > > <xsl:param name="img.src.path">../</xsl:param> > > > [...] > > > > > > This used to work as expected (find pdf-images one directory level > > > upwards), but since upgrading to 1.73.1, images in PDFs are now > > > missing. > > > > I've now run some test cases with both the 1.72.0 and 1.73.1 > > stylesheets, using "../" and various other values for the > > img.src.path param, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem you > > describe. In every case, I get identical output, with the images > > appearing as expected. > > > > But it could well be that my test cases are not modeling what you > > have. So, as I mentioned in my earlier message, if you could > > send/upload a copy of your DocBook source or some other file that > > with which you're able to reproduce this problem, along with a > > copy of you customization layer, I can also check with that and > > see what I get. > > > > Also note that you can get DocBook help in real time on the > > #docbook channel on irc.freenode.net > > > > --Mike > > > > --