Subject: Re: [docbook] Recommendation on V4.5 DTD vs. V5.0 RELAX NG

Joachim Ziegler wrote:

> Which version of DocBook should I use? The DTD or the schema?
>
> I have successfully worked on a DocBook project some yeas ago, where I
> used V4.3 and the toolchain as mentioned above. Is it worth to upgrade
> my knowledge? Are the tools stable enough to not get in trouble with my
> customer?

The easy answer is to upgrade to the latest XML, non-namespaced stuff,
which is 4.5.

It's less of a step then to go to the namespaced version, or up to 5.0
which is nearly stable.

I.e. you could then transform your content.

Perhaps then experiment with the v5 content away from your customers
until you're happy?

HTH

--
Dave Pawson