Subject: Marking up marginalia notes...

Hi,

My project is using DocBook 5.0 to markup the contents of some
older (19th century) publications.

Some of these publications have paragraphs with notes printed
next to them in the margin in much smaller type.

I'm searching for the most semantically useful DocBook elements
to use for marking up these notes.  I'm looking at the <note>
and the <callout> element but I also need to capture the
fact that margin notes "belong" with the paragraph they're
printed with.

Can anyone suggest a better approach?

Thanks,

Stu