Subject: Re: [docbook] v5 extension elements

Dave Pawson wrote:
> Jirka Kosek wrote:
>> Dave Pawson wrote:
>>> Further effort to extend, this time a block level element.
>>>
>>> <include href="/sgml/docbook/v5/docbook.rng">
>>>   <define name="db.para.blocks" combine='choice'>
>>>     <oneOrMore>  <ref name="poem"/> </oneOrMore>
>>>   </define>
>>> </include>
>>
>> Nesting define inside include works like redefinition.
>
> Which is what (I thought) I was doing Jirka?
> Adding (another choice) to the existing definition?

IIRC define inside include *replaces* original definition in included
schema and combine="choice" is effectively ignored in this case. So you
removed para (and other para-like elements) from db.para.blocks and left
only poem here.

>> <include ...docbook.rng/>
>>
>> <include ...poem.rng/>
>>
>> <define name="db.para.blocks" combine="choice">
>> </define>
>
> Works perfectly!
> Why isn't this a redefinition... in fact what is it
> if it isn't a redefinition please?

It's not complete redefinition, just addition achieved by combine.

OpenPGP digital signature