OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 September 2007

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 September 2007

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 26 September 2007 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 40 minutes.


1. Roll call

Present: Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson,
Jirka Kosek, Bob Stayton, Norman Walsh,
Larry Rowland (observer).

Absent: Steve Cogorno, Jim Earley, Keith Falhgren,
Gershon Joseph, Dave Pawson

2. Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 7 November 2007

   - There will be no meeting in October 2007.
   - The November meeting is moved to 7 November.
   - The December meeting is moved to 12 December.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Scott to as Publishing Subcommittee about adding proofreader 
     and other values in @class for othercredit.

  c. Norm to propose content model changes to
     allow <uri> within <address>, <person>, <org>, etc.  

  d. Norm to fix required refsect2 and refsect3
     in the DTD and XSD versions of 5.0.

  e. Norm to investigate a July email reporting several
     problems with converting documents to DocBook 5.0. 

6.  DocBook 5.0 

Trying to decide when to go beyond Candidate Release for 5.0.
Jirak pointed out that in April 2007 that we enacted a
feature freeze for 5.0, so we should decide for each incoming
item if it is a bug fix or a feature freeze.  See the RFEs
below for specifics.

Norm will make final fixes, and we should be able to move
to full recommendation at the early November meeting.

7.  Subcommittee report.

Scott reported that the subcommittee met 5 September and discussed
proposals for modularizing 5.0 for easier customization.
The periodicals class of documents is still under discussion.
Also discussed extending othercredit attributes to other enumerated

8.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    These RFEs postponed until after 5.0 release
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  

    RFEs to be considered (as of 25 September):
      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit? 

Decided this was a new feature, and will be put off until
after 5.0 release.

      1759782  Allow <uri> within <address>, <person>, <org>, etc.  

This will be added to the Candidate Release for 5.0.

      1770787  Rename firstname and surname  

New feature, deferred.

      1778566  allow <xref> and <linkend> in <type>  

New feature, deferred.

      1784312  Bugs in DocBook V5 from Mauritz Jeanson  

a. fix personblurb and titleabbrev in biblioentry: APPROVED.
ACTION: Norm to add to next CR.

b. cmdsynopsis is not allowed in glossterm and methodsynopsis
is not allowed in term: DENIED.  Both elements are block
elements, and should not be nested inside block elements.

c.  Content should not be required after info in book: APPROVED.
ACTION: Norm to fix in next CR.

d.  tocdiv conversion problems.  
ACTION: Norm to investigate conversion script.

      1795884  MathML not supported in inlineequation  

This is a bug since it is supported in equation.
ACTION: Norm to fix in next CR.

      1800916  keycap within userinput  

This is a bug since it was permitted in version 4.
ACTION: Norm to fix in next CR.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200709/msg00004.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]