Subject: Best way to add DocBook 4.5 to my catalog on Ubuntu

Hi,

I'm using Ubunty Fiesty Fawn. When I run apt-get install docbook-xml,
the latest version of DocBook it installs is 4.4. I need to add 4.5 to
my catalog.

Where is the best place to add it? Initially I added the 4.5 files
using a delegatePublic in /etc/xml/catalog:

sudo xmlcatalog --noout --add delegatePublic "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook
XML V4.5" "file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.5/catalog.xml"
/etc/xml/catalog

This seemed to work.

But I was looking at /etc/xml/catalog, and I saw that all the other
DocBook files were referenced like this:

<delegatePublic publicIdStartString="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML"
catalog="file:///etc/xml/docbook-xml.xml"/>

So it would seem to make more sense to put the 4.5 references in
docbook-xml.xml.

But when I looked at that file and there were several references to
the 4.4 catalog file.

Which is the correct/best place to add the references to the 4.5
catalog file? If I should be adding it to docbook-xml.xml, how do I do
this? Simply copy every 4.4 line and update it as appropriate?

And finally, I have to work with several DocBook 4.5 documents that
have the wrong public ID - "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.5//EN" instead of
"-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN". I  know I can fix this by using
a rewriteSystem in my catalog, but which is the best file to put this
into - /etc/xml/catalog, /etc/xml/docbook-xml.xml, or somewhere else?

Andrew
--
We can't change the past, but each of us, by challenging prejudice and
intolerance, can help to change the future.