Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook RNG Schema vs DocBook DTD

Hi,

> Thanks... and what's about elements that contain fixed text...
>
> <grammar xmlns:db="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
>     ns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
>     xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";>
>     <include href="docbook/rng/docbook.rng"/>
>
>     <element name="corpshortname" type="token" fixed="Agamura"/>
>     <element name="corplongname" type="token" fixed="Agamura, Inc"/>
> </grammar>
>
> ... and then use them like this?
>
> <para>
>     <corpshortname/> and the <corpshortname/> logo are trademarks of
>     <corplongname/> All other names are trademarks of their respective
>     owners.
> </para>

That's an interesting approach. :) However, I would say, this works only
in certain situations. You can't apply this method if you need a value
in an attribute.

> Furthermore, I don't want to put entity values directly into the
> documents - [...]

Any special reason why you don't like it?

You can omit entities and markup your "replaceables" in a non-entity-way,
for example with DocBook elements and special attributes, XIncludes, and
PIs. However, all these alternatives fail to work if you need a value in an
attribute.

Best wishes,
Tom