Subject: Re: [docbook] New version of DocBook V5.0 howto is online

Hi Jirka,

On Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2007, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> updated version of DocBook V5.0 howto (aka The Transition Guide) is
> online at:
>
> 	http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/
>
> Any comments welcomed.

thanks Jirka for this helpful document! :) I have a few comments only:

1) What about XInclude and validation? I think that is really a "hot
topic", as in DocBook 5 it is recommended to modularize it with
XIncludes. Any hints about which tools or parameters are needed would be
very helpful. Last time when I tried Jing it seems that it doesn't
resolve XIncludes. Maybe something similiar like in [1]?

2) Maybe link in the FAQ[2] to the DocBook Wiki? For example to [3]?

3) The section "Improved cross-referencing and linking" contains a link to
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-id/ for xml:id, but the 4th paragraph
in "Relaxing with DocBook" does not contain something similar for
xml:lang. Maybe link to [4]?

Hope you find it useful. :)

Bye,
Tom