Subject: Re: [docbook] New version of DocBook V5.0 howto is online

Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> 4) How to reference the DocBook 5 schema? Is there any official URI? Can I
> use [1], is it stable enough? The examples just reference
> to "docbook.rng" or "docbook.rnc". I assume, the examples are built with
> simplicity in mind which is ok. However, not everybody have or want the
> Schemas saved in the same place than the document. For DocBook 4 there
> were these two identifiers which were resolved through XML catalogs. It
> would be really helpfuly to have something similiar for DocBook5 in this
> regard. Any official recommendation?

This question from you is already addressed in footnote:

http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/#ftn.d5e682

"Examples below use docbook.rng as schema location. If you want to
create portable schema customization you should use standard
web-accessible location like
http://docbook.org/xml/5.0CR7/rng/docbook.rng and then use XML catalogs
to resolve this location to your local copy of the schema for improved
perfomance. Unfortunately at the time of this writing not all RELAX NG
validators support XML catalogs."

OpenPGP digital signature