Subject: Re: [docbook] New version of DocBook V5.0 howto is online

Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> 1) What about XInclude and validation? I think that is really a "hot
> topic", as in DocBook 5 it is recommended to modularize it with
> XIncludes. Any hints about which tools or parameters are needed would be
> very helpful. Last time when I tried Jing it seems that it doesn't
> resolve XIncludes. Maybe something similiar like in [1]?

Usually it is sufficient to change parser configuration using
appropriate property. If your XML parser is Xerces then it is sufficient
to use the following property:

-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration

So for example in order to get XIncludes resolved before validation in
onvdl you have to use the following command:

java
-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration
-jar /path/to/oNVDL/bin/onvdl.jar /path/to/docbook.nvdl document.xml

> Hope you find it useful. :)

Thanks, you will see them in a next version which will be published
around the tima final 5.0 is out.

			Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature