Subject: Re: [docbook] using entitites in XSL

Hi,

On Sonntag, 4. November 2007, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> [ your answer should probably go to the list]
>
> First of all, thank you for trying to help me. I tested the workaround
> you've suggested, but unfortunately, the compiler fails with "parser
> error" and "doctype incorrectly terminated".

There must be a syntactical error somewhere. Does your DOCTYPE declaration
really looks like this?

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet
[
  <!-- Point to the correct path: -->
  <!ENTITY % ents SYSTEM "definitions.ent">
  %ents;
]>

Which parser do you use: xmllint, Xerces, ...? Maybe your parser doesn't
support such construct (however, thesedays shouldn't be any of these
parser around and I don't know of any). How do you transform your
document?

If nothing helps, I would recommend in such cases to create a minimal
example and transform this. After your transformation you know whether
all tools are well orchestrated. :)

Best wishes,
Tom

--