Subject: Re: AW: [docbook] external entities in docbook

The stylesheet rule (which you'd add to the stock Docbook XSLT
stylesheets) would look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
version="1.0">

   <xsl:param name="mytags.longproductcode" select="'longproductcode'"/>

   <xsl:template match="longproductcode">
      <xsl:value-of select="$mytags.longproductcode"/>
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

This will substitute the "longproductcode" tag with the text
contained in the "mytags.longproductcode" parameter.  Both xsltproc
and saxon provide a means for overriding parameters on the command-
line, so you could specify an alternative value for the parameters
when you invoke the XSLT processor, thus substituting in the require
text.

Thanks,

Geraint North
Principal Engineer