Subject: Re: [docbook] Including external XML file for example code

Mansour wrote:

> I agree that it great. But xml is implementation independent and it
> should be processed the same way with any tool.

And this is true for DocBook XSL stylesheets. You can run them with
various XSLT implementations. But some functionality is impossible (or
at least very hard) to implement in pure XSLT and you have to use
extensions for it. You get improved functionality at the cost of lesser
interoperability. But users usually prefer functionality over
interoperability. With DocBook XSL stylesheets you can choose what you
prefer.

OpenPGP digital signature