Subject: query about footenoterefs

Good afternoon (actually it's cold and wet)

Is there a particular reason why footnoteref elements don't support
the common linking attributes? I see that biblioref supports them. We
have a situation where we heavily use xincludes to split up large
documents and footnotes are often referenced from more than one
document (these are from converted sources and the actual document may
be formatted with endnotes on a per part basis).

I guess I'm just wondering what the reasoning was.

cheers

nic

--
Nic Gibson