Subject: Re: [docbook] x:include and namespace

Hi,

On Montag, 24. Dezember 2007, Mansour wrote:
> It's working now. It was my fault. I was adding the wrong namespace.
> The was a mistake in the year:
> "http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"; fails but
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; works fine.

The reason why it works now, is described in Bob's book[1]:

 Note
 In one of the draft XInclude standards, the namespace URI was
 changed to use 2003 instead of 2001 in the name, but it was
 changed back to 2001 for the final standard. Some XInclude
 processors may not have caught the change. For example Xerces
 version 2.6.2 expects the XInclude namespace to use the
 incorrect 2003 value. Later versions work with 2001 in
 the namespace.

Best wishes,
Tom

--------