Subject: RE: [docbook] indexterm does not show

The index term marker doesn't and shouldn't appear in the output.

from: http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/indexterm.html

"Processing expectations

IndexTerms are suppressed in the primary text flow, although they
contribute to the population of an index and serve as anchors for cross
references. Under no circumstances is the actual content of IndexTerm
rendered in the primary flow. "

David