Subject: Re: [docbook] Best practice in validating db5 with relax-ng?

Hi,

On Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008, Francesco Pretto wrote:
> 2008/1/15, Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de>:
> > If I understood you right, I think it should be a matter of
> > configuring the correct entries in the XML catalog.
>
> Really? Relax-ng schemas can already be installed under
> /ext/xml/catalog using "xmlcatalog", like previous DTD schemas?

I am not 100% sure, but when you refer to a RELAX NG schema by using an
URI it should be resolved through a catalog. Well, at least with libxml2
or with tools that supports catalogs.

> This
> would be cool. Unfortunately, from what I've understood, libxml2 would
> still need to support Schematron rules for full relax-ng support.

There is already Schematron support in libxml2, but I don't know what it
is implemented so far. However, it seems you have to specify the
Schematron rules outside the RELAX NG schema (look for the --schematron
option in xmllint).

Bye,
Tom

--