OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting [Non-]Minutes: 19 March 2008

| Agenda
| 1. Roll call

Norm, Jirka, Paul, Dick

Regrets: Scott

Failed to achieve quorem.

| 2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
| 3. Next meeting: 16 April 2008

No regrets given.

| 4. Review of the agenda.

Dick has a few more things, we'll group them in item 7.

| 5. Review of open action items
|  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.


|  b. Norm to fix required refsect2 and refsect3
|     in the DTD and XSD versions of 5.0.
|  c. Norm to investigate tocdiv conversion script problems.
|  d. Norm to submit the DB5 standards paperwork to OASIS.

All done, I think. Still negotiationg for Mary's attention.

|  e. Bob and Norm to discuss how to divide up The
|     Definitive Guide for reviewers.


| 6.  DocBook 5.0 standards update

In good shape, waiting for OASIS to start the official review process.

| 7.  Olink localinfo attribute (Dick Hamilton)

Dick has been working with Dave Pawson to move the Website customization to
DocBook V5.0. Now that modespec is gone, why is localinfo still around?

Norm hypothesises that @type probably arose before modespec went away.

Dick notes that with targetdoc/targetdocent, localinfo was usually an
ID in the target document. Now there's targetdoc *and* targetptr *and*

Norm wonders what Bob would say.

Dick, I want to make sure we make it clear.

Dick also wonders about namespace and version, again in the context of
Website. Namespace should be the DocBook namespace, presumably, but
what about the version?

Norm: definitely the DocBook namespace. The version is mostly informative,
so I think I'd go with something like
"DocBook 5.0 extension + Website {full,simple,layout}"

Dick reports that his website is now completely built from Website 5.0 stuff.
It's rlhamilton.net.

Norm: cool.

| 8.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

No report, Scott is absent.

| 9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

Given that we don't have quorem, we'll talk about them next time. No one
felt any were particularly urgent.

Any other business?

Dick: In 4.x, you could put an abstract inside or outside of an info.

Norm: I think that was a bug. It should always have been just inside
the info.

| [1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200711/msg00007.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | We dance around in a ring and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | suppose, but the Secret sits in
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | the middle and knows.--Robert Frost

PGP signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]