Subject: RE: [docbook] RE: [docbook-apps] db 5 and Dita anyone?

Regarding conref and xinclude, a related feature to consider is
relatables. They allow you to separate crossreferencing from the
content. This makes it possible to reuse sections without worrying about
broken links. Something like that would make either mechanism more
useful. I'm not saying that docbook needs reltables, but some mechanism
to separate the xrefs from the content would facilitate reuse.

I also have never cared much about specialization either, but then the
content I work with is software docs, so I'm part of DocBook's target
demographic.

David