Subject: Re: [docbook] include CDATA in CDATA

Hi,

> I am actually trying to display xml using docbook. To do this, I use:
> <programlisting>
> <![CDATA[
> my_text
> ]]>
> </programlisting>
>
> But if the text i want to insert contains itself a <![CDATA[ ...]]> tag, my
> method does not function.
>
> Have you an other one?

You don't have to use the above CDATA section. You can also quote your text,
it means, replace the characters < and & with &lt; and &amp;. For CDATA you
use "&lt;![CDATA[" and "]]&gt;".

For example, if you want to code the above example into a screen, you write:

<screen>
&lt;programlisting>
 &lt;![CDATA[
 my_text