Subject: lang=pt-BR, UTF-8 and caracters in portuguese

Dear friends,

I'm learning how to use docbook with debian 4.0.

I installed docbook with apt-get tools and convert xml source files with the script jw

In prologue I use
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">

To use portuguese I include the attribute lang="pt-BR" in article tag:

<article lang="pt-BR">

But the html file generate caracter like this:

Automação de Métodos Analíticos

When I change codification in browser to utf-8 I can see:

Automação de Métodos Analíticos

But it changes also the caracters included by the docbook tool:

Hist�rico de Revis�es
Revis�o 1

And I would like this:

Histórico de Revisões