Subject: Re: [docbook] Overview about xml document in html

Ack, I forgot to move it over to docbook-apps.  Oh well, next time.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
To: "Frenzel Ina" <Ina.Frenzel@facton.com>; <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:30 AM

[moving this thread over to docbook-apps where stylesheet issues are
discussed]

Hi Frenzel,
The DocBook stylesheets have a lot of parameters that let you control many
aspects of formatting, and you don't need to know much about XSLT to set
parameter values on the command line.  However, there isn't a parameter to
do what you want.  That would require some customization of some DocBook XSL
templates, which requires knowledge of XSLT.  There is a lot of information
about how to customize DocBook XSL in my book (available online here):

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

It won't teach you XSLT, though.  If you don't want to climb that learning
curve, you would find someone that knows XSLT to do the work.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net