Subject: Re: [docbook] Auto numbering lists

Hi Bob,

first thanks a lot for your time and your explanations.

I think, may be it can really easy be done by something like that.

dockbook snippet:

<para>
 Some general text...

    <variablelist>

      <varlistentry role="REC">
        <term>REC-XX</term>
        <listitem>
          <para>
            Bla bla
          </para>
        </listitem>
      </varlistentry>

      <varlistentry role="REC">
        <term>REC-XX</term>
        <listitem>
          <para>
            Bla bla bla
          </para>
        </listitem>
      </varlistentry>

      <varlistentry role="REQ">
        <term>REQ-XX</term>
        <listitem>
          <para>
            Bla bla bla
          </para>
        </listitem>
      </varlistentry>

    </variablelist>

</para>

And then use an general (not output specific template) similar to:

<xsl:template match="varlistentry[@role = 'REC']" mode="object.term.markup">
  <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="special.varlistentry.term.attributes">
    <xsl:text>MYREC-</xsl:text>
    <xsl:variable name="rec-number">
      <xsl:number count="varlistentry[@role = 'REC']" level="any"/>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:number value="$rec-number" format="01"/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

same for REQs.

What is your opinion? Can this work? My template is wrong, do have an hint
or a resource where I can find more informations.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Halm