Subject: Re: [docbook] Translations of DocBook Transition Guide (German)

Ahoj Jirka,

On Montag, 3. November 2008, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> > I was not sure about the license. [...]
>
> I don't think I have been thinking about licenses when I started
> writing howto ;-)

Me too about the translation, that's why I want to be sure. ;-) Maybe you
can insert/state the license (some incarnations of CC, GFDL, ...) in the
document?

> But of course thank you very much for translation!

You're welcome. :-) I hope other Germans will provide me with some
feedback, so I can improve the translation. Although I tried to be as
close as possible to the English document, some paragraphs needs a strict
proofreader. It is always a good idea to let someone else proofread the
whole text. That's why I stated it as "preliminary".

> I think that we should put all translations on docbook.org alongside
> the English version.

That's a good idea!

> I'm quite busy now, so please give me few weeks to
> think about best way how to put multiple language versions together.

Sure, no problem. No need to hurry.
I modified the original stylesheets a bit so it is more language
independent. If you are interested, use the following URL to download my
modifications:

  http://www.suse.de/~toms/transitionguide/stylesheets/

When I changed the above stylesheet I missed some localized text from the
common directory. Funny, there is an editor key, but no author(s). Maybe
we could think of inserting some words like "author", "translator", etc.
into the language files. But that's a minor issue.

> BTW, could you meanwhile create account on Sourceforge so I can give
> you access to DocBook SVN repository. Thanks.

I have already an account, it's "tom_schr". Thanks, Jirka! Actually, this
is what I thought too, but I didn't dare to ask. ;-)

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle