Subject: part/chapter numbers

hi,

I'm in the process of converting etexts using the Gutenberg DTDs
(http://gutenberg.hwg.org/) to Docbook.

  These documents (can) use explicit part/chapter numbering (using
<partnum> and <chapnum> tags).  This allows to retain the original
numbering and naming scheme.  Is there a way to put this information
into a docbook document?  (I know I could probably do this by
customizing the style sheets, but I'd rather not keep a separate style
sheet for each book.)

					thanks,
					dillo