Subject: Re: [docbook] white space

Hi Lily,

The unicode code point for non-breaking space (nbsp) is U+00A0 (160) and that is why please try "$#xA0" and it should work.

Brijesh Kumar
www.DigitalMediaInitiatives.com

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Lily Galle <lily.galle@gmx.net> wrote:
Hallo,

I use "XEP".

1.
I would like put some white space between the Words. Like following:
  She   likes  to      have               pears.

The spaces between the words are not regular. In my DocBook "myDocBook.xml" I wrote the code like "&#x20" and it failed.

2.
How to put a white space at the beginning of a line?

I need this irregularly: some lines have white spaces at the beginning, some do not have.

3.
I need very often to produce some white spaces between two lines. The only way I found out in "XEP" is:  <literallayout>    </literallayout>

Are there some other ways to produce white spaces between two lines in XEP? (The position and the length of the white spaces are not regular.)

Thanks for any help!

Lily

--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a