Subject: Using @condition as a surrogate @profile

Hey,

I am doing some software that converts between DocBook and HTML and I intend to
publish both formats to the Web. Because I am making heavy use of @role
attributes on <bibliorelation> elements in DocBook and @rel attributes on <link>
and <a> elements in HTML I would like to publish a profile for each format.

A profile is a concept borrowed from HTML, see:

  The profile attribute of the HEAD specifies the location of a meta data
  profile. The value of the profile attribute is a URI. User agents may use this
  URI in two ways:

    * As a globally unique name. User agents may be able to recognize the name
      (without actually retrieving the profile) and perform some activity based
      on known conventions for that profile. For instance, search engines could
      provide an interface for searching through catalogs of HTML documents,
      where these documents all use the same profile for representing catalog
      entries.

    * As a link. User agents may dereference the URI and perform some activity
      based on the actual definitions within the profile (e.g., authorize the
      usage of the profile within the current HTML document). This
      specification does not define formats for profiles.

                  - http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4.3

I would like to do something similar for my DocBook. I figured the best way to
do this was to overload the @condition attribute on the <articleinfo> elements.

Something like the following:

  <article lang="en-gb">
    <articleinfo condition="http://publish.gnu.org/profile/docbook";>
      <title>Little Harmonic Labyrinth</title>

Does this make sense? Can you think of a better way of doing it?

Thanks,