Subject: Re: [docbook] Bridgehead alternatives

> Currently we use docbook 4.2 to document software. We have multiple
> bridgeheads within sect1s, sect2s, sect3s, and sect4s.
> We use the bridgeheads to add titles within a sect.

> For example: in a sect1, we use bridgeheads to divide up the text:
> STATEMENTNAME (sect1)
> Syntax (bridgehead)
> Parmeters (bridgehead)
> Remarks (bridgehead)
> See also (bridgehead)
> Examples (bridgehead)
>
> We'd like to replace the bridgeheads with a block tag (preferrably a
> floating one) that would contain a title tag followed by para tags,
> procedure tags, programlisting tags, orderedlists, etc.
> [...]
> Any suggestions?

In my opinion refentry[1] would be a good candidate. It seems your structure
is more a kind of a reference page. The refentry element allows several of
your requirements. Your structure could look like:

 refentry
   refentryinfo
     title <!-- If necessary, otherwise use refmeta -->
   refnamediv
     refname
     refpurpose
   refsynopsisdiv
     <!-- Insert here your syntax notation -->
   refsect1
     title: Parameters
     <!-- Insert here your description -->
   refsect1