Subject: better internationalization issues again

hi, and congratulation for the new release

I found that there are still many missing things in it like in

fo/param.xsl

<xsl:param name="writing.mode">
  <xsl:call-template name="gentext">
    <xsl:with-param name="key">writing-mode</xsl:with-param>
    <xsl:with-param name="lang">
      <xsl:call-template name="l10n.language">
        <xsl:with-param name="target" select="/*[1]"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:with-param>
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:param>

just like the html/param.xsl
-----
and I still see hard-coded lefts and rights instead of using
direction.align.start/end

and I also wonder why this

<xsl:variable name="direction.align.start">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="starts-with($writing.mode, 'lr')">left</xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="starts-with($writing.mode, 'rl')">right</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>left</xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

is found on html/html.xsl not common common/*
so that "direction.align.start" can be used in fo/*
-----
and I wonder why html/docbook.xsl have a hard-coded non-international encoding
<xsl:output method="html"
            encoding="ISO-8859-1"
            indent="no"/>

instead of $chunker.output.encoding and falling back to utf-8 if not defined
despite that I reported that before
----
I would love to help you fix all such issues and more,
if there is a QA team I would love to volunteer
so that we fix things like this before release