Subject: RE: [docbook] Evaluating DocBook and DITA

Eric,

I included a section on selecting an XML Schema in
my book, Managing Writers. While I would, of course,
encourage you to purchase the book:), that section
was published as a sample.  Here is the URL:

http://xmlpress.net/publications/managing-writers/sample-chapter-2/

The same section was also published as an article at:
http://www.thecontentwrangler.com/article/choosing_an_xml_schema_docbook
_or_dita/
While that site (The Content Wrangler) is more focused on
content management than schemas, you can find information
about DITA and DocBook there as well.

Hope that helps.

Dick Hamilton

Managing Writers: A Real World Guide to Managing Technical Documentation
http://xmlpress.net/managingwriters.html

STC Summit Atlanta (May 2-6)
http://conference.stc.org

DocTrain/DITA (June 2-5)