Subject: Why do formalparas only allow one para?

We have a lot of cases where we would like to use <formalpara> but can't because of the one para restriction.
We like the format of a formalpara because you can put an (inline) title on the content, you can embed indexterms within it, and because it is container tag,  you can move it easily.

Unfortunately, because you can only have a one para in a formalpara, we have to convert formalparas to variablelists when we need to use more than one <para>.
Using varlistentries is fine, if you have more than one varlistentry otherwise, it looks weird.

Thanks again,
Kate