OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 19 August 2009

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 19 August 2009

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 19 August 2009 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+) for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
 Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 16 September 2009
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Norm to work with Mary to make Publishing Subcommittee
     schema a Committee Working Draft.

  b. Norm to work with Keith and Scott to update the OASIS committee
     site to make the Publishing Subcommittee Working Draft
     publicly available.

  c. Norm to put the new backwards compatibility policy in the spec.

  d. Norm to put the new backwards compatibility policy in the
     reference documentation.

  e. Norm to take a look at the inlines and make a proposal
     regarding RFE 2791288.

  f. Larry to create a new assembly example for next meeting.

  g. Norm to create a DocBook 5 customization layer
     with topic, so we can experiment.

  h. Bob to present the proposal to the docbook
     mailing list when Norm has the customization done.

6.  DocBook 5.0 standards update.

7.  New edition of DocBook: The Definitive Guide 

8.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

9. Using a map for modular DocBook.

10. Transclusion feature (REF #2820947)

11. Add topic element (RFE #2820190).

12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2770858  Add limited emphasis to ubiquitous inlines 
      2791288  add quote to corpauthor and gui elements 
      2820190  add a topic element  
      2820947  Ability to transclude text 
      2821653  indexterms in footnotes 


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200907/msg00019.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]