Subject: Re: Copyright/license of transition guide?

Daniel Leidert wrote:

> First, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this license does not fit
> the requirements of the Debian project - the Debian Free Software
> Guidelines (DFSG) [1]. It wouldn't allow us or a user to modify the
> source - not even to fix a typo or to create a translation.

If there is a typo, it should be reported upstream to fix primary
document. If someone wants to create translation, he has to ask and he
will of course be granted to create translation. But this way we will be
aware of translation and we can link to it from original English version.

> [2] contains a list of acceptable licenses for the Debian project. I
> don't know your discussion, so I cannot make a suggestion (why not an
> BSD license or an MIT/X license?). Why do you want to forbid derivatives
> works?

Well, it is document not a software for which I prefer BSD.

OpenPGP digital signature