Subject: Re: [docbook] xml:space or not

hi george,

this was not clear in my post. oxygen (here version 10.2) does ignore
fixed xml:space attributes declared within a dtd. a literally attribute
is interpreted.

the following dtd:

<!ELEMENT root (p) >
<!ELEMENT p (#PCDATA | em)* >
<!ATTLIST p
     xml:space CDATA	#FIXED "preserve">

<!ELEMENT  em (#PCDATA)>

validates this document:

<!DOCTYPE root SYSTEM "ex.dtd">
<root>
</root>

but oxygen indents the <p>-element. solution: you have to add the
attribute to your instance.

regards,
gregor