Subject: bibliography/citations and refdb users

Hi,
I'm attempting to use RefDB to handle my docbook 5.0 bibliographies and citations. I'm having trouble getting it configured correctly and also converting my bibtex .bib files to ris format.

I'd like to know what other people are doing about their bibliographies and citations. Is RefDB the only solution? I'm tempted to just roll my own system this has been so frustrating over the past couple of days. With one bibliography database (converted from bibtex to xml by JabRef), and a single style for bibliographies and citations, would it be very difficult to write xslt to handle the problem?

It looks like the BiblioX system (http://silmaril.ie/bibliox/biblioxdoc.html )was an attempt, but perhaps abandoned now (latest info was 2004).

thanks for your thoughts,
--Tim Arnold