Subject: Re: [docbook] Whichi is better for publishing book on DocBook 4.5 or 5

Hello,

Just sharing our experience.

We have been successfully using processing XHTML transformed to DocBook v5.0 and through a well defined XML Pipe to the digital book formats, such as ePub and Amazon/ Mobipocket's Kindle format AZW. We have used DocBook 5.0 for all kinds of books - fictions, non-fictions, textbooks, books that would be transformed to accessibility formats such as NIMAS and DAISY, and we are confidant that version 5.0 of DocBook is fully capable of delivering what is required for multi-format transformation and publishing.

Brijesh Kumar
Founder & CEO
Digital Media Initiatives
#104, F-2, First Floor
13th Main, 4th Cross, 5th Sector
H.S.R. Layout, Koramangala
Bangalore - 560 102 India
www.DigitalMediaInitiatives.com
www.ePubNow.com
+91 95-5724-8880
+91 98-3706-0034

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Akihiro Moriguchi <vekr76479@maia.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:
Hello,

Currently I've start translating technical book into japanese using DocBook. But unfortunately, I'm not sure which version of DocBook which
is 4.5 or 5 suitable for doing that because of lack of my experience.

I'm now concentrating on translation from English from Japanese.

Please tell me latest pros and cons about each version.

Best regards,
Akihiro Moriguchi