Subject: Re: [docbook] How to markup a template function in c++

On 12/14/2009 05:18 PM, Eric Böse-Wolf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The subjects says it all.
>
> How do I markup a template function prototype like
>
> template<typename ArgumentType>  void g( ArgumentType argument )

The current DB vocabulary isn't quite enough to mark up such things
fully. After some experimentation, I have come to the conclusion that a
plain <synopsis> is better than any of the alternatives. (The vocabulary
itself is incomplete, and the stylesheet support is buggy, so for some
constructs / languages the output isn't what you would expect.)

You may want to look into a DB extension that provides support for
extensive C++ markup, which is part of the Boost project:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/doc/html/boostbook.html

I have some ideas about how to merge that back into DB (5), and will
write about that shortly (if I can find the time).

Regards,
         Stefan