Subject: RE: [docbook] downgrade to DB4

I would answer the OP like this:

1. No, there is no db5-downgrade.xsl that does the inverse of
db4-upgrade.xsl.

2. Yes, the stripns.xsl stylesheet module does some downgrading. However, I
don't think that this is a good thing. IMHO, stripns.xsl should only strip
the namespace and add an xml:base attribute. The fact that it does more than
that is an undocumented "feature" that trips people up. For a recent
example, see http://markmail.org/message/3bteilha6jeeudj3.

Mauritz