Subject: RE: [docbook] Status of Website DTD
Back in about 2008, Dave Pawson and I did some work on the website and created a 3.0 version based on DocBook 5.0. The good news is that it works, and Dave did some nice documentation that you can find here along with the schema itself:
The bad news is that it hasn't been taken back into the official sourceforge repository. That is mostly because Dave and I ran out of cycles, and other commitments intervened.
What we completed does work; I created a web site using it (http://rlhamilton.net), and Dave may have also used it for a website.
Your bringing this up reminds me that we really need to take the steps required to get this into the standard distribution. That process may change some of what we did, but I hope not by much.
If you try it out, I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you.
XML for Technical Communicators