Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook and Google Summer of Code ?

This is just a little reminder that the deadline for mentoring
organization applications is drawing near (march 8th - 12th:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/timeline)

We have had some discussion on possible tasks, and even a temporary wiki
set up for this purpose (http://docbook.xmlpress.net).

Even though, I'm afraid it isn't quite clear whether to move forward or
not, and in particular, who is in charge of this.
I'd be happy to help, as I have participated as mentor a couple of times
in the past), but I'm not able to lead the effort, mostly because I'm
not a docbook (core) developer myself.

Yet I think this presents a great opportunity to a) spread the word
about DB, b) help work on issues and features that core developers
haven't enough time to address themselves.

Norm, Dave, Bob, et al.: Do you think this is worthwhile ?

Thanks,
         Stefan