Subject: RE: [docbook] Last Call for Google Summer of Code input -UPDATE

Based on Stefan's question, I re-read the information on the GSoC web
site about the program.

After reading through that information, I see that Stefan was correct
about a couple of points that I had wrong:

1) We do not need to include a pre-defined set of projects as part of
the application, but we do need to include some "ideas."
2) We do not need to associate specific mentors with specific projects
at this time, but we will need to later.

The process is that we generate a set of ideas and identify mentors,
then create an application based on that information. If we are accepted
into the program, prospective students make proposals for what they
would like to do, and we select the ones we like best.

To accommodate those changes, here's what I propose:

1) We still need ideas, so I will use any and all ideas that are posted
to the site by next Monday. You can add ideas after that, but they may
or may not get into the application.

2) We still need mentors, but they do not need to be associated with
particular projects. We will assign mentors to projects when we evaluate
student proposals. I've created a mentors list on the front page and
copied the names of those who have volunteered to that list. Please add
your name if you are interested.

I've also updated the web site with these changes and added more
information about the program.

Thanks, Stefan, for pointing out my misunderstanding of the rules.

Best Regards,
Dick
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators