OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 June 2010

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 June 2010

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 23 June 2010 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+).


1. Roll call

Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh. We have a quorum.

Regrets: Paul Grosso

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Dick Hamilton,

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 21 July 2010

No regrets so far.

4. Review of the agenda.

No changes.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to develop a proposal for maintaining the DocBook websites.

  b.  Jirka to write up requirements document for transclusions in DocBook.

  c.  Norm to investigate expanding content model of sidebar (RFE 2935829)

  d.  Scott to submit Publishing DTD to OASIS for review.

  e.  Bob to republish the topic schema for inclusion in 5.1.

6.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

Scott reported they are working to resubmit the spec when
they get the correct template from OASIS.

7.  eLearning Subcommittee report.

Scott reported they are currently gathering use cases on the
subcommittee Wiki[2].
They are interested in using the modular DocBook under
development, and see a need for managing "transition"
text between modules.

8.  Reltables in modular DocBook.

This will held until after DocBook 5.1 beta is released.
Larry suggests the current assembly elements are more
powerful than a table model for related links.

ACTION: Larry to render the current reltable example from
Bob and Norm with the current assembly elements for

9.  Transclusion in DocBook.

Jirka submitted his document of use cases for transclusion[3].

ACTION: Jirka to develop proposal for transclusion in DocBook.

10.  Release of DocBook 5.1 beta.

Norm reports that the 5.1 RNG with 5.1 fixes is written.
The 5.1 spec is started, as is work on 5.1 documentation.
We are close to a 5.1 beta release.  Norm is working on tools
to process the new modular doc features.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2820190  add a topic element  
      2820947  Ability to transclude text 
      2935829  Expand content model of sidebar 
      2964576  disallow table in entry  

No new RFEs.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201005/msg00004.html
[2] http://wiki.oasis-open.org/docbook/eLearningSC
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201006/msg00001.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]