Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: Sections and topics

rob.cavicchio@emc.com wrote:

>> 3) XInclude always perform "Language Fixup" which is especially for
>>  non-English content real pain. You have to add explicit xml:lang
>> to each small piece of content you are going to XInclude.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this, I haven't seen these types of
> inheritance problems with XIncludes, at least not with Arbortext
> Editor and our custom transform. But we're still on DocBook 4.5 and
> using the DocBook-specific "lang" attribute rather than "xml:lang",
> so maybe I just haven't run into it.

It is not problem for DocBook V4.X as it uses its own lang attribute
which is not specially processed by XInclude. But DocBook V5.0 uses
xml:lang. And if you XInclude fragment like

<para>FooBar</para>

inside some document

<article xml:lang="xx">
<title>...</title>
<xi:include href="foobar.xml" xmlns:xi="..."/>
</article>

you will effectively get:

<article xml:lang="xx">
<title>...</title>