Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: quote inside code. WAS emphasis inside command is illegal?

> Or failing that, is there a tool to query the schema for legal child elements given
> a parent?

I don't know of such a query tool, but you can use an RNG schema-aware XML editor to
see what child elements are available for a given parent.  I just open a DocBook 5.0
document with Oxygen, configured to associate the DocBook namespace with the DocBook
5.0 RNG schema.  When inside an element, when I type "<" it prompts me for a child
element, listing only those that are valid in that context.  Other XML editors have a
similar feature.

I'll add an item to the next DocBook Technical Committee agenda to discuss maintaining
accessible reference documentation for each version.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net