Subject: Re: [docbook] Localization

Bob Stayton wrote:
01e501cb778c$fc79ab30$6600a8c0@pazu" type="cite">Hi Klaus,
I think you have misunderstood that example.  That was a snippet from a DocBook XSL localization file, not something to insert in your file.  If you want to declare a document to be German, you would add a lang="DE_DE" attribute to the root element of your document (or xml:lang if using DocBook 5).  Then the stylesheet will process it with German generated text.  If I have misunderstood your intentions, let me know.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klaus Jantzen" <k.d.jantzen@t-online.de>
To: "docBook" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 12:20 AM
Subject: [docbook] Localization

Hi,

according to the example on page 334 of "DocBook XSL" I insert the following lines in my file

<l:l10n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0"
       language="de"
       english-language-name="German">

Processing the file with xsltproc under Debian lenny I get the following message

xxx.dbk:154: parser error : Premature end of data in tag l10n line 17

What is missing ?
Where can I find the documentation for this tag?

Thanks.
--
KDJ.

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for your help.
I did what you suggested and it works.

And with that my problems start.
You suggested >lang="DE_DE"<, in one of the books[1][2] it says >lang="de"< and somewhere it
says >xml:lang="de"< .
Now I have three notations and each works. So what is the "correct" notation?
Flexibility is nice but too much flexibility confuses.

At the moment I am somewhat confused as to where I have to look for information: [1] or [2] in case I
am stuck.

A ray of hope: in the mean time I am able to successfully use a catalog: mainly due to the complete example in [2].

Thanks again.

[1] DocBook 5 The Definitive Guide
[2] DocBook XSL 4th Edition
--