OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 December 2010

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 December 2010

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 15 December 2010 at
01:00p EST (10:00a PST, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+).

1. Roll call

Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson,
Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh


2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 19 Januaray 2011

4. Review of the agenda.

No new items.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to develop a proposal for maintaining the DocBook websites.

  b.  Norm to publish an online version of DocBook 5.0 doc.

  c.  Jirka to post the transclusion spec to docbook.org.

  d.  Norm to add namespace usage policy to the official docs.

  e.  Larry to create a fresh proposal for linking within assembly.

6.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

No further developments, awaiting RFEs.

8.  Linking in assembly.

Postponed until next meeting to digest Larry's latest proposal. [4]

9.  Transclusion in DocBook.

Jirka's updated requirements [2] and proposal [3] have been posted
to docbook.org.

ACTION: Jirka to ask the mailing list for feedback on the
transclusion proposal.

10.  Decision about Larry's help example in assembly and @type proposal. 

Postponed until next meeting.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2820190  add a topic element  
      2820947  Ability to transclude text 
      3035565  Allow sections at any level  

      3107140  aconym expansion inline 

Members felt there are already mechanisms to support 

ACTION: Norm to respond to RFE.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201011/msg00024.html
[2] http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion-requirements/
[3] http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion/
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201012/msg00007.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]