Subject: Re: [docbook] How to build html from multiple files?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Lyre <4179e1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all:

    I'm learning to use the docbook. I've read some tutorials, most of them just tell me how to write the docbook xml files, but did not mention how to generate the final documents (html, pdf...etc).

    for example, the Crash-course to DocBook povide its source, but i don't know how the build the html, the source structure look like this:

lyre@linux-4179e1:~/Desktop/
crash-course> tree
.
|-- en
|   |-- basic-notions.docbook
|   |-- bookinfo.docbook
|   |-- crash-course.docbook
|   |-- declaration.docbook
|   |-- duck.dsl
|   |-- emacs.docbook
|   |-- fdl-licence
|   |-- getting-started.docbook
|   |-- glossary.docbook
|   |-- graphics.docbook
|   |-- interface.docbook
|   |-- introduction.docbook
|   |-- licence.docbook
|   |-- links.docbook
|   |-- lists.docbook
|   |-- meta-information.docbook
|   |-- miscellaneous.docbook
|   |-- next.docbook
|   `-- tables.docbook
`-- images
    |-- duck.eps
    |-- duck.jpg
    |-- rectangles.eps
    `-- rectangles.png

I've tried the 'docbook2htm' & 'xsltproc' it mentioned, but they seems to work on only one file.

Thanks!

Hello, i've made example Docbook 5/XSL-NS buildsystem based on Make (7Zip archive available in attachement).

It needs docbook-xsl-ns, make, xsltproc, fop, tidy, csstidy, wine and HTML Help workshop installed in it to work (but some components not necessary).

To run, simply execute "make all" or "make htmls" in shell (targets list is in Makefile).

Anybody can freely use this buildsystem.
Cheers.

--
Kirill Churin
Jabber: reflexing@reflexing.ru, ICQ: 8163230, Skype on demand.