Subject: Re: [docbook] Problems with DocBook to PDF on Windows (tool chain: xsltproc, Apache FOP 1.0)

Thanks Markus and Bob,

Bob Stayton wrote:

>Indeed, the namespace URI in the error message indicate that the stylesheet parameter
>named 'fop.extensions' has been set to 1, which outputs extension elements with the
>namespace URI http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions, which was the namespace URI for
>FOP extensions prior to version 0.90. I suspect your stylesheet sets that param.
>
>Instead, you want to set 'fop.extensions' to zero and set the 'fop1.extensions' param
>to 1.  That generates output using the namespace URI
>"http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/extensions";, which FOP 1.0 recognizes.

I am very bad in what should be set and where and why.  After reading your
comment... You are right.  Here is what I have found in the related fo-stylesheet.xsl

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version='1.0'>
  <xsl:import href="xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
  <xsl:param name="alignment">left</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="fop.extensions" select="1" />
  <xsl:param name="variablelist.as.blocks" select="1" />
</xsl:stylesheet>

>Markus Hoenicka wrote:
>> Just a wild guess: your setup probably does not enable the fop  extensions of the
>> docbook fo stylesheets. Does the error go away if  you invoke xsltproc like this:
>>
>> xsltproc  --output ./producingoss.fo
>>           --stringparam fop1.extensions 1
>>           ../tools/fo-stylesheet.xsl book.xml

This did not work immediately; however, it worked after adding another param:

           --stringparam fop.extensions 0

All was complicated with the Makefile (nested) that made the things difficult
to try and fix.  Because of this I did create several separated .bat files,
and I was finally able to produce both PS and PDF (with some other
problems that I will describe in another thread).

Thank you both,
     Petr