Subject: Re: [docbook] Best Practice in using sect1 - sect5

(Oups, sorry Dave, you'll get this twice, I've clicked on the wrong
'reply' button)

Our preferences balance on the <section>-everywhere side. Use
<section> everywhere, and you won't have to think about it.

I vote to ditch <sect1> to <sect5> elements from the next incarnation
of docbook. <section> is enough.

While we are here, I also vote to ditch some structures that only add
to the confusion, for example:

<section>
<title></title>
</section>

<section>
<info>
<title></title>
</info>
</section>

Why is there a need to have two ways to specify a section's (or
article's, or book's...) title? Considering the fact that DocBook
already has hundreds (literally) of elements, which makes it both
flexible and powerful, but also steeps up the learning curve, I think
the next version of DocBook deserves a thorough cleanup of everything
that can lead to duality (like the sectN vs. section, or info+title vs
title).

section, section, section, just don't overdo it :-)

Good luck.